Being able to get custom shutters is a gamechanger when it comes to opening up the possibilities to give you the results you want for your home. At Blinds America, we are proud to be able to offer you a wide selection of choices so you won’t be stuck in the position of choosing a color or material you like but not the design or vice versa. Here are a few considerations when choosing custom shutters so you can be confident the results match your expectations.
- Material- Custom shutters come in a variety of materials, including real wood, faux wood (composite), and polymer (vinyl) materials. Each has its own benefits and advantages. For example, wood shutters can be painted to match your décor, but vinyl shutters will withstand moisture conditions better, such as in bathrooms.
- Budget- Obviously, the more features you add to your custom shutters, the more they will cost. The different materials have varying costs, as well. Be sure to discuss your budget early on so you know if there are any options that need to be eliminated from the decision process.
- Functionality- Custom shutters give you the option to open and close the louvers, and they are hinged so that they can be moved away from the window. There are various options for how these movements work, however.
- Color- Consider whether you want a nice, bright white or something else, such as a painted or stained shutter.
- Style- There are three basic styles of shutters: plantation style, cottage style, and west coast plantation style. Each has a different appearance and varying louvre widths.