When you think of window coverings, blackout shades may not be the first thing that comes to mind, but we are about to change that. Here are some of the reasons why you need blackout shades in your home:
- Help with Sleeping- The first and probably most obvious reason to install blackout shades in your home is for sleeping. It is scientifically proven that people get a better night’s sleep when it is dark. Additionally, blackout shades are a must if you have an infant and/or a toddler who naps during the day.
- Home Entertainment- Have you ever been watching TV or playing a video game and there is an annoying glare on the screen? Blackout shades prevent screen glare on a TV and/or computer.
- Energy Efficiency- Sun streaming into your home increases the temperature inside of your home. Blackout shades block out the sun, helping to keep your house nice and cool, and your utility bill affordable.
- Security- The sun is not the only thing blackout shades keep out; these window coverings also do an excellent job at minimizing visibility into your home. Reduced visibility into your home helps to keep you, your family, and your belongings safe.
- Noise Blocking- Because blackout shades tend to be a bit thicker than other window covering options, some feel that they help to block noise from outside.
If you are interested in installing blackout shades in your home, give us a call today at Blinds America. We can assist you with all of your window covering needs.