Window shades are an essential item in any home. Shades help to block out the sun, maintain privacy, and an even add to your style and décor. If you are building your first home, are about to start a home remodel, or are just looking to learn more about window shades, check out the rest of this article for all of the need-to-know information on shades.
There are a variety of different types of window shades. These include:
- Honeycomb Shades: These shades are great for room darkening and privacy, and are very common in many homes today.
- Bamboo Woven Wood Shades: For a more natural, earthy feel, these are the best shades.
- Roman Shades: These shades are commonly made from fabric, provide a soft look and style, and offer full privacy.
- Roller Shades: These shades are a bit more contemporary, and are another great option for room darkening and privacy.
- Solar Screen Shades: If UV blocking is your main concern, these shades are the best option.
- Sheer Shades: Typically these shades are added for style, but do not do much for privacy and blocking the sun. Some like to layer sheer shades with another type of shade.
- Pleated Shades: These shades come in a wide variety of color options, and are great if you are on a budget.
- Skylight Shades: As their name suggests, these shades are made for skylights and are great for blocking out the sun.
- Exterior Porch Shades: These shades are made to withstand the elements and allow you to enjoy your deck or patio any time of day.
- Blackout Shades: These shades block out all sunlight, and are especially popular with parents of newborns and/or toddlers.